WEB SITE: http://www.archstl.org/archives/
Archdiocese of St. Louis
Cardinal Rigali Center
27 Archbishop May Drive
St. Louis, MO 63119-5738
Audrey P. Newcomer, Director of Archives & Records
Nikolas Henle, Processing Archivist
Alicia Detelich, Archives and Records Assistant
Walt Gemmer, Archives and Records Assistant (part time)
Elaine Snyder, Secretary
Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. - 4:00p.m.
(Closed on holidays and holy days)
ACCESS AND USE:
The Archives endeavors to assist researchers by making the heritage of the Archdiocese of St. Louis available to them within the guidelines of civil and canon law, conservation considerations and as resources permit. In so doing, the Archives contributes to the understanding of the historical experience in America and more specifically in the local St. Louis area.
Researchers are encouraged to write or call in advance of their visit.This allows one to confirm hours of service and the availability of particular records and microfilm equipment. It also gives the Archives staff an opportunity to identify those collections which bear most directly on an individual researcher's topic of interest, as well as to suggest other possible sources or methods.
GENERAL SCOPE AND CONTENTS:
Administrative records of the Archdiocese of St. Louis, (1800- ). Also included are historical records of parishes, priests, bishops, and religious communities and their official correspondence with the Archdiocese. The archive collection also includes various special collections dealing with religious matters of a local, regional, national, and international character.
- Administrative Records of the Archdiocese of St. Louis (1824-).
- Papers of the Bishops and Archbishops of St. Louis, (1800- ).
- Clergy personnel files (Deacons, Priests, Bishops), (1824- ).
- Records of Religious Communities serving in the St. Louis Archdiocese, (1800- ).
- Records of various commissions and tribunals dealing with a wide variety of issues, (1824- ).
- Photographic collection, (1880- ).
- Oral History collection of interviews with various important personalities of the Archdiocese, (1985- ).
An inhouse finding aid is available to researchers.
Directory home page
ASLAA Home Page