111 Winnebago St.
St. Louis, MO 63118-4126
7:45am-3:45pm, Monday through Friday. Closed weekends and Federal holidays.
ACCESS AND USE:
The NPRC, CPR stores official personnel folders (OPFs) of former civilian employees from most Federal agencies world-wide. The records date from the mid-nineteenth century to the present. OPFs are retired to the center within 120 days after separation from Federal employment. Most civilian personnel records held at NPRC are the legal responsibility of the system under which they were created, that agency is responsible for protecting the individual privacy of the living subjects of personnel records under the Privacy Act of 1974 (P. L. 93-579). Consequently, access to all stored records is regulated by the authority of the creating agency, for example, OPFs and EMFs are strictly regulated by OPM. Only limited types of information from the records are releasable to non-authorized users. See http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/civilian-personnel/public-services.html for information on requesting information from the Center.
SPECIAL SERVICES AVAILABLE:
- Wheelchair access
- Federal Civilian Employee "Official Personnel Folders" (OPF's) (18??-present) 575,600 cu. ft.
- Federal Civilian Employee Medical Records (EMF's), (19??- present) 20,600 cu. ft.
- Federal Civilian Employee Pay Records (1930-present) 197,800 cu. ft. 4. Internal Revenue Service records, 477,880 cu. ft. (1909-present). Individual and corporate tax returns, inactive IRS operating records for local St. Louis offices.
- Post Office Money Orders (1987-present). 16,000 cu. ft. Canceled money orders.
- Veterans Administration X-Rays (1947-present). 141,000 cu. ft. Military service member entrance and separation x-rays.
- U.S. Treasury Department Checks (1982-present). 36,350 cu. ft. Canceled treasury checks.
- Dependent Medical Records (1912-present). 294,100 cu. ft. Military clinic and hospital inpatient, outpatient and dental records of dependents of U.S. military service members.
- Local Agency Records (1951-present). 177,300 cu. ft. Inactive operating records of St. Louis area federal government offices.
Holdings report personnel records. Available on request.
Directory home page
ASLAA Home Page