6400 Minnesota Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63111-2899
Sr. Jane Behlmann, CSJ, Province Archivist
Mon Fri, 9am 3pm, by appointment
ACCESS AND USE:
Most records available for use upon completion of research applicationform. (Some are restricted.) Nominal fee for copying and extensiveresearch. Materials do not circulate.
SPECIAL SERVICES AVAILABLE:
- Wheelchair access
GENERAL SCOPE AND CONTENTS:
Records relating to activities of Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet,St. Louis Province, including records of closed and transferredinstitutions, papers of American foundations, province leaders, councilmeetings, oral history audiotapes, videotapes, photographs, diocesan andRoman records pertaining to the Province/Congregation.
- Original Reception/Profession records, (1837 ), 3 lin. ft. Includes individual's name, names of parents and place of origin.
- Original daily letters from sister nurses in Spanish American War, (1898 1899), 1 lin. ft.
- Annals from institutions, (ca. 1850 ), 50 lin. ft. Some written accounts of members and their service in education, healthcare, social work, orphanages, or work with deaf persons.
- Necrologies, (1842 ), 6 lin. ft. Written account of each sister who died in St. Louis Province.
- Indian groups, (ca. 1850 1980), 6 lin. ft. Correspondence and photographs of Wisconsin, Michigan, Arizona and California.
- Missionaries, (1938 ), 6 lin. ft. Letters from missionaries in Hawaii, Japan, Peru, Chile, and the Philippines. Includes first hand accounts of bombing of Pearl Harbor (1941).
- Hospitals, (1874 ), 6 lin. ft. Correspondence, photographs, patient registers from early mining towns and other cities.
- Published and unpublished works, (1870's ), 10 lin. ft. Consists of music books, educational manuals, religious books, histories, theses, articles, etc. by individual sisters, etc.
- St. Louis Province, (1840 ), 12 lin. ft. Administrative and financial records.
Unpublished guide to repository's holdings.
Directory home page
ASLAA Home Page